To Supplement or Not to Supplement
To power your body, men need a wide range of nutrients in the right balance. Vitamins are essential to your overall health. They perform many critical roles in your body, from producing energy to ensuring proper function of bodily systems.
Not getting enough of certain nutrients can negatively impact your health and even result in chronic diseases.
Here are essential vitamin supplements men need:
Alpha C, also known as ascorbic acid is a water soluble vitamin found in various foods and is also sold as a dietary health supplement. Vitamin C is an essential nutrient and a strong antioxidant that may reduce the risk of certain diseases.
Benefits of Vitamin C:
- Boosts immunity.
- Enlargement of the prostate (benign prostatic hyperplasia, or BPH) is common in older men and causes problems with urination. Vitamin C may help reduce your risk of developing an enlarged prostate.
- Vitamin C helps produce collagen, a connective tissue that holds muscles, bones and other tissues together.
- It assists in protecting you from bruising by keeping capillary walls and blood vessels firm.
- It helps your body absorb iron and folate from plant food sources.
- Helps heal cuts and wounds and works as an antioxidant to inhibit damage to body cells.
Alpha D3 is a fat-soluble vitamin which helps maintain healthy blood levels of calcium and phosphorus. It also enhances the absorption of calcium, helping to build and maintain strong bones.
Benefits of Alpha Vitamin D:
- Vitamin D plays an essential role in the development of skeletal muscle, which is the muscle attached to bones that help move the body. Adequate vitamin D is also instrumental in optimising muscle strength and performance.
- Vitamin D may assist in improving testosterone levels. Testosterone plays a crucial role in bone mass, muscle strength, fat distribution, and even sex drive.
Men who are vegetarian often come up short on zinc. Zinc is needed for the proper growth and maintenance of the human body. It is f needed for immune function, wound healing, blood clotting, thyroid function, and much more. Alpha Zinc is a combination of Zinc, selenium and Vitamin A.
Benefits of Alpha Zinc:
- Increases your immune system and helps fights colds
- Zinc is an effective anti-inflammatory and antioxidant agent. It helps fight oxidative stress and decreases the chance for disease development.
- Zinc is needed to balance most hormones, including insulin, the main hormone involved in the regulation of blood sugar.
- Helps maintain heart health by supporting blood vessels within the cardiovascular system, while also lowering inflammation and oxidative stress.
- Zinc plays an important role in fertility, especially modulating serum testosterone levels in men, which impacts fertility and libido.
- Helps the body to metabolise carbohydrates, fats and proteins .
- Helps with muscle growth and repair.
Alpha C, D3 and Zinc are now available at an Alpha Pharm Pharmacy in your community>>> https://www.alphapharmacies.co.za/location-finder/