Health symptoms men should never ignore!
Most men feel discouraged from talking about changes to their health in case they’re perceived as making a fuss, but the health consequences can be serious.
Here are some health symptoms men should never ignore:
When symptoms persist for more than a few weeks, book an AlphaDoc Nurse-led Virtual Doctor Consultation www.alphacarebookings.co.za
Constipation is a common condition amongst most people. However, for some people, constipation can be a long-term or chronic condition which may lead to pain or discomfort.
Continued or long term constipation can lead to other conditions such as:
- Rectal bleeding
- Diverticulitis – where pouches in the lining of the colon develop and become inflamed.
Constipation that lasts for more than a few days and the feeling that you need to have a bowel movement that’s not relieved by having one are also potential warning signs of colon cancer.
Up your daily intake of fibre, make sure you drink plenty of fluids, and try to get more exercise. If these changes don’t help and the problem continues, book an AlphaDoc Nurse-led Virtual Doctor Consultation www.alphacarebookings.co.za
For many men, a painless lump in the testicle is the most common sign of testicular cancer.
- Other symptoms may include:
- The feeling of extra weight in the scrotum.
- A swelling of the testicle (with or without pain).
- Pain or a dull ache in the testicle, scrotum, or groin.
You should make an appointment with your doctor if you notice any lumps, swelling, or pain in your testicles. You will also be able to find these changes early if you regularly self-examine your testicles.
Keeping a keen eye out for early signs of health and wellbeing symptoms is important, but there are also steps you can take to protect yourself both now and in the future. These include:
- Eat a healthy diet that includes all of the major food groups and watch your portion sizes.
- Try to get 30 minutes or more exercise a day.
- Conduct regular self examination of your testicles.
- Look after your bones by taking regular vitamins and supplementation such as Alpha Calmag and Alpha MSN, which are available at an Alpha Pharm Pharmacy in your community>>> https://www.alphapharmacies.co.za/locationfinder/
- Get regular health screenings and wellness checks at an Alpha Clin clinic.
- Take time out for yourself. Around 30 minutes a day is ideal for you. Make it a time when you do something just for yourself. Like; reading, working in the garden, chatting online with friends, meditation or whatever relieves your stress!