A morning and evening cream, that is easily absorbed, nourishing your skin with collagen to keep cells healthy and improve skin elasticity.
WATER is the major factor in maintaining healthy skin. It enables the cells of the skin to undertake their biochemical processes, heal wounds, create sebum and to excrete waste products. A well hydrated skin is more elastic and resistant to damage from any source. By keeping the skin well hydrated, lines and wrinkles appear fainter, skin is less tight and dry/scaly or flabby and swollen. It is less likely to develop adult acne or other disfiguring skin conditions. The skin looks plumper and attains an inner glow.
PETROLEUM JELLY and LIQUID PARAFFIN are both substances which form a protective and waterproof barrier on the skin. Dermatologists refer to these substances as ‘Occlusives’ (blockers). Very little if any of these molecules are absorbed. The protective layer helps to keep moisture in the skin, while also helping to maintain elasticity or suppleness and to soothe dry, itchy, flaky, broken or irritated skin.
EMULSIFYING WAX is added to the formulation to enable the mixing of water (and water soluble nutrients) with oils and fat soluble nutrients in a pleasant, creamy emulsion which is easy to apply. Without an emulsifying agent, the water and oily portions would separate.
UREA is a natural by-product of the metabolism of proteins in the human body. It is an integral part of the body’s own Natural Moisturising Factor which is found mostly in the Stratum Corneum (outermost, keratinised layer of epithelium) of the skin.
PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) has been known as a rich source of nutrients both for the skin and as a food source for many centuries.
Avocados are rich in (amongst others):
• Omega-3, -6 and Omega 9 which are known to help the body heal, boost cell regeneration and fight free radicals
• Very wide range of Anti-oxidants - help to safeguard against harsh pollutants from environmental factors and also exhibit anti-viral, antibacterial and anti-fungal properties.
• Vitamin A - (Retinol and Carotenoids) Is a fat-soluble vitamin and plays a vital role in helping to delay the effects of skin aging, assists with cell regeneration, and promotes collagen and elastin levels brought about by the ability of carotenoids to stabilize cell membranes and their role in cellular energy production and storage.
• Vitamin D - Essential for glowing, healthy skin, helps retain significant quantities of moisture.
• Vitamin E - which provides protection and helps skin retain moisture.
• Vitamin K1 - A fat-soluble vitamin, helps even out skin tone and reduce spider veins and broken capillaries.
• Chlorophyll - High in skin-protecting antioxidants neutralizing free radicals, which are responsible for disrupting collagen production and DNA, which causes wrinkling, helps enhance wound healing.
• Moisturising - A rich, deep penetrating oil, SPF properties ranging from 4-15, it can help boost protection for the skin during sun exposure
• Phytosterols - Found in avocado oil possess wonderful anti-inflammatory properties which help to relieve damaged skin and reduce blemishes. They also enable the nutrients in AlphaDerm collagen face cream to penetrate more deeply to the layers where they will be most effective.
HYDROLYSED COLLAGEN is collagen already broken down into the amino acids and di- and tri-peptides which would result from digestion. Fibroblasts in the skin synthesize (build) collagen fibres and the lipid layers from the amino acids and fatty acids provided by our food. By supplying them directly to the skin and enabling their penetration (for example via urea and phytosterols), the fibroblasts are able to maintain a healthy skin much more easily than from digested nutrients alone.
VITAMIN E is a particularly effective anti-oxidant which plays a major role in protecting the cells of the skin from free-radical damage - two major source of which are exposure to sunlight and pollutants.